Sunday, April 15, 2007

Game 2 vs. CAL




pregame: **bloggers note** -- I will be spending the afternoon in O-HI-O.. I will post game comments after I get home tonight..

Today's key -- DO NOT LET CAL BREATH.. The wings kept CAL on their toes the entire game by hitting them before they got hit.. great concept fellas.. Playoff game = hitting.. Where the hell was this philosophy the last FIVE YEARS??!!! What to watch for -- Lidstrom vs Iginla.. Game 1 Nick locked Jarome up and did not let him get a shot on net.. Can he do it again?

Key personnel moves -- Bertuzzi is not expected to play as is McCarty (if I were CAL I would take that trade off any day of the week)..

LETS GO RED WINGS
Post game: The jersey and facial hair combo worked its magic for the second straight game.. Now I will join Coach Babcock with a tough game day decision: do I change things up when its worked so well? My decision: keep the facial hair/jersey combo or add another element (new wings hat?).. Babcocks dilemma: keep the 4th line of Phil (yes it should be spelled that way, not Fil), Huds and Franzen together or insert Bertuzzi into the line up and sitting Huds.. My thoughts for both? Don't change a thing.. the Wings hat can wait until a losing streak ensues and Bertuzzi can ride the pine until the 2nd round.. The Wings are beating CAL at there own game.. Why add another physical element when the current line up is working?
Stats of the game - through 2 games the Wings have held power forward extraordinaire (and one of my favorite players) Jarome Iginla to 2 stinkin shots.. 1st period of game 2 the wings launched 23 shots at Kipper.. 23!! that's most teams totals for an entire game!!
random thoughts: my favorite series so far -- OTT vs PIT.. great match up all around and a fun series to watch.. favorite series that has not been televised -- NAS vs SJS.. what the hell is this? the first game in the DET market is game 3? this is a bunch of CRAP that we can not watch the nastiest series of this here playoffs.. nice move NHL..
Final DET 3 - CAL 1
Next Game: Tuesday at 10:00 on CBC, VS

No comments: